Monday, October 6, 2008

Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy Down in My Heart

My Sweet Baby,

You are the joy in my heart. When I work over the weekend and you stay with MawMaw, I miss you so much. I feel like we've been separated for weeks. When I picked you up yesterday, you were sleeping on MawMaw's chest. I looked at you sleeping peacefully and noticed how much you have grown. Your face is changing, it's no longer the squished up newborn face. You are developing the finer features, your eyebrows are coming in, your eyelashes are very long and I think I see a little dimple in your chin. I wanted to scoop you up and kiss you to death but I left you alone to catnap on MawMaw.

I ordered a jade bangle bracelet from China for you a few weeks ago. It arrived last week. I had a hard time getting in on, I had to grease up your hand. Now, I'm scared to try to get it off. It fits you perfectly, (you are Chloe Jade!) and you don't seem to mind wearing it. Sometimes, you will bang your bracelet on mine and I say, "WonderTwin powers activate!"

It's so much fun to watch you learn and figure out how stuff works. There was a huge consignment sale in town last week and I found you a turtle rocking chair and a sing along stage with a mirror. You have always enjoyed looking at yourself in the mirror so this toy was a big hit.

newtoys 001

newtoys 013

I love Halloween and I can't wait until next year when I can take you trick or treating. This year, I dressed you up and took you to a local farm for some pictures. The only thing you were interested in was the hay on the ground because it made crinkly noises. You tried to eat the hay and I told you that hay was for horses and goats. You tried it anyway and figured out all on your own it's wasn't as yummy as the Beechnut Raisin and Granola breakfast.

pumpkin 004

pumpkin 006

pumpkin 015

I love you sweet girl,
Mama

No comments: