Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Little Diva

Dear Darling Diva,

It's getting cooler so today, you got to wear one of your fall outfits. My good friend Terri from work bought this outfit before I gave birth to you. I'd never choose something like this for you. One day you'll know Terri, she's the one of the funniest people I know. She'll make you laugh while you're crying. Seriously! One day I was upset and she said, "Don't cry girl, snot bubbles are not hot!"

So, I dressed you up in Terri's stylin' outfit complete with pink shoes that MawMaw bought you for your doctor's appointment today. People thought you were the cutest thing ever. They called you a "diva". One lady said, "not many people could pull that outfit off but it fits her perfectly."
fall2008 016

I let you look at yourself in the mirror and you grinned and flapped your arms as if to say, "This is how I should be dressed everyday Mama!I'm da bomb!"
fall2008 050

Don't develop the caviar taste too soon, my dear. Most of your winter clothing will be from Ebay or the thrift stores for the winter. I don't want to see you in another leopard print outfit until your 35 and married!

You are crawling, backward! I know better than to leave you on the bed or couch unattended. Yesterday, I left you on the floor in front of the TV watching your beloved baby Einstein. When I got out, I heard you fussing so I rushed into the living room. You had backed yourself under the coffee table and were stuck. When you tried to reverse more, you'd hit your head. I guess I'll have to break out the pack and play. You'll be in the baby jail when I have to take a shower and can't keep an eye on you.

fall2008 028

You will watch your Einstein DVD over and over again without batting an eye. You love it, so I got you a few more from Ebay. I think you have Baby Einstein withdrawl at MawMaw's over the weekends I work. She doesn't have a DVD player and when you get home, you'd rather watch it than eat. I have to turn it off so you'll focus on food. I can't figure out why baby Einstein is so addicting to you. It's the silliest program in my opinion, no storyline what so ever.

fall2008 038

At your appointment today, the nurse said you could try some solid foods like cheerios and pieces of peaches. I set you up in your high chair when we got home and gave you some puffs. I have been so scared to let you have real food. I don't want to have to perform the Hemlick. I gave you one and you weren't sure what to think. Then, you decided to be Greedy Gretchen and grab them all up and try to stuff them in your mouth. I had to hand them to you one at a time.

bites 001

bites 004

bites 003

You are growing up way too fast, my little Diva. I want to flip your channel to slo-mo. I'm afraid if I blink, the next thing I'll hear is, "I look best in Lamcome eyeliner, Mama."

I love you, my beautiful baby,
Mama

No comments: