Monday, October 20, 2008

Thursday at the Park

Dear Doughy Chloe,

I took you to the park last Thursday. It was the first time you sat in a REAL swing. You loved it. I would grab your feet when you'd swing toward me and you'd squeal with delight.

park 003

park 006

park 005

I think you will talk before you walk. You have started to say "Ma Ma" and "Ba Ba". The first time it happened, I was changing your diaper and I repeated, "Ma Ma" back to you. Your eyes got as big as saucers because you realized you can communicate with me.

When I brought you home on Friday from the babysitter's, you were hungry. So, I put you in the high chair and gave you some yogurt bites while I prepared your bottle. You must have been thirsty because you banged your first on the high chair tray and said, "Ba-Ba! Ba-Ba!" It wasn't working fast enough for you so you screamed, "MA-MA, BA-BA!"

We were sitting on the couch last night together and Jeremy was tickling my neck so I let out a squeal. You thought this was hysterical and you squealed back. I thought it was a fluke, so I squealed again, changing the tone. Once again, you squealed back using the same tone. So we played a sing-song squealing game for awhile, mimicing each other. Hopefully, I can get Jeremy to get a video of it.

I love you, my little parrot,
Ma-Ma, the Ba-Ba maker

No comments: