Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pancake Breakfast

Dear Blueberry Baby,

It was a chilly morning so I decided to make us pancakes. I'm not a big breakfast fan, maybe because I serve hundreds of bacon and egg plates during the week. I promised myself before you were born I would try my best to make sure you didn't become a picky eater. I do not want you to become a child that will only eat Cheerios, goldfish and chicken tenders.


I feel like I have been successful thus far. You have eaten everything I have put before you or placed in your mouth. You love the tofu I pick out of my Hot and Sour soup. I even gave you some broccoli but it wasn't soft enough. You tried your best to gum it down but you weren't successful. Instead, you tucked it away in your cheeks like a hamster until I fished it out. This week, you have eaten oatmeal with raisins and apples, chicken noodle soup, fried shrimp, beef stew and chicken and dumplings. Tonight, you'll try some cod and potato cakes. You haven't turned your nose up to anything I've offered.

The blueberry pancakes were a huge hit. You ate an entire medium sized pancake. You shoveled the pieces I tore up into your mouth as fast as you could. You really enjoy feeding yourself. I have had to learn how to relax and not be so obsessed with cleanliness since I have started allowing you to experience self feeding. Life can be messy and it may take ten minutes to clean you and the high chair up after your pancake feast but it's worth it. I get to watch you learn while you happily shovel food into your mouth. These are the moments I'll never forget, all your "firsts". I'd buy a pressure washer to clean the high chair just to watch you experience and enjoy life.

pancakes 010

pancakes 003

pancakes 009

I love you, little pig-pig,
Mama

No comments: