Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Little Bunny

My Sweet Baby Girl,

I was cleaning your room and going through your clothing today. You are in 9-12 month old clothing now. It's not because you are fat, it's because you are long. Some of the six month old clothing I try to stuff you in is "off the shoulders". Like you are in a prom dress due to your height. As I was sorting through your things, I found your bunny hat. I bought it for you when I was 6 months pregnant. I took a picture of you in it when you were only two weeks old. You still had bunny fur on your back. It engulfed your head, it was so loose.

bunnyhatsmall

You couldn't lift your little noggin at the time so the ears wouldn't stand up.

When I found it, I realized how much you have changed. How quickly you have grown! It's going by way too fast. Now, you are on the prowl, on your hands and knees trying to explore your world. I still remember how exciting it was to see your first smile. Now, you giggle and cackle with glee. When you laugh out loud, it makes my day. It's the silliest things that make you laugh. Like funny sounds I'll make or certain gestures I'll make with my arms when I flail.

One day, you were in the bath and I was making a popping noise and hang banging. You thought this was hysterical. I kept doing it because when you laugh, my whole world shines. While I was head banging, the black pearl on my necklace jumped up and knocked me in my mouth. It hit my tooth and I thought I cracked it. I thought, "Wonderful, I just knocked out my tooth, making my baby laugh.." You know what? It would have been worth it because your laughter is the best noise I have ever heard.

So, I found your bunny hat today and had to try it on your head. It wasn't easy. It was a real tight fit. You weren't happy about it at first but then I put your sunglasses on you must have thought you were a ski bunny. We laughed together.

bunnyhatbig

Your bunny hat is now retired. I thought I heard a popping noise when I pulled it off your head. I got you a new hat, for your next holiday. You'll always be my little snuggle bunny. Now, you will be my punkin' head too.

pumpkin 055

All my love,
Mama

1 comment:

21stCenturyMom said...

You sneaky girl - you came back! Your baby is adorable but then you knew that.