Thursday, April 23, 2009

Frankenstein

Dear Baby Girl,

I haven't posted in awhile because I haven't been able to take pictures. My camera battery died and I can't find the charger. I searched all the local stores for lithium batteries and no dice. I finally broke down yesterday and ordered a new charger and back up battery online from Samsung. I have had withdraw from lack of pictures. I feel bad I lost a month because everyday you change.

I have changed my lifestyle the last couple of weeks. I was feeling so tired, when you took a nap, so did I. I would feel guilty for letting the house cleaning slide. I decided to start taking care of myself again. Taking vitamins, eating better and yesterday I even did a workout video during your naptime. I can barely lift my arms over my head today, my triceps are in shock. Because I have quit some bad habits and started the good ones again, I have more energy. Last night, I finished a novel called "My Sister's Keeper". It was the saddest ending and I was crying in the bed at 10:45pm when I closed the book. It was a book about a mother's love and loss. It scared me because it made me think about how my life would turn upside down if you ever got terminally ill. My favorite line from the book was, "We do not have children, we receive children."

You are the greatest gift I have ever been given. You have grown in such a character. The other day, I was in the kitchen and I heard something in the bathroom. I found you playing in the toilet. "Splish, splash!" I was grossed out but couldn't help but laugh. Thank God I had bleached it out two days before. I closed the door to the bathroom but somehow you opened it again. I caught you before you started splishing around again. You love water, always have. So, this summer, I will sign you up for the water babies swim class.

I cannot take my eyes off you for a minute now. Yes, it was funny you were obsessed with the toilet but it could be very dangerous too. You will open the cabinets and pull out your oranges and applesauce and yell, "EEEEeeeeeeee". That's eat, you just don't have the T part down. You broke the DVD player the other day, because you love to push buttons now. You ejected your DVD and then forced it closed again. You'll push "OFF" on the TV and get pissed because Elmo is gone but you still can hear him. Did I mention you snapped my cell phone in half two weeks ago? We had to sit at Alltel for over an hour last Wednesday so I could get a new one. That's why I need my vitamins, to keep up with you and hopefully grow two eyes in the back of my head.

You have started to walk, all by your lonesome. You look like baby Frankenstein. Real stiff legged with your arms out for balance. This morning, we went to Papa Walt's to celebrate his birthday. You got tired of crawling on the tile floors, it hurt your knees. So, you stood up and Frankenstein walked over to me. I counted eight steps. We clapped our hands and you glowed. They even got a picture of you walking, hopefully they'll email it to me soon. Once you are on carpet, you crawl again because it's faster.

You mastered Pat-a-Cake, the clapping part but now you'll roll it up and roll it up. I was working with you on blowing kisses last night in the tub. You couldn't figure out how I was making a kiss noise with my mouth. I kissed your hand to try to show you. You were trying you best in impress me. You decided to try to flick your tooth for sound effects then throw out your hand. I think you scratched your gum because you had a funny look on your face. I busted out laughing, I hadn't laughed so hard for a long time. You looked at me and grinned ear to ear, you impressed me after all. Mission accomplished. You still are confused about blowing a kiss.

Thank you Chloe, for bringing me such joy and laughter. I hope to get some pictures soon. You now have four teeth. The top ones are almost down all the way. My, what big teeth you have. They look like mine. I can't wait until you can "cheese" for the camera.

All My Love,
Mama

No comments: