Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Birthday Girl

Phew! It's been a busy month, full of parties for the birthday girl. Your Auntie Val flew down to spend your first Valentine's Day with you. We went over to Grammie Penny's on Valentine's and all ate dinner together. You are going through a clingy/fearful stage now. When we walked in Grammie's house, Auntie was very happy to see you. Grammie and Val were staring and fawning over you and got nervous. You started to cry, maybe you knew I was going to leave you overnight. You saw the car packed full. It's like moving when I pack up your things to spend the night. Your highchair, your playpen, your toys, your food, your diaper bag. You calmed down and we ate dinner and then you were ready for bed. You love to sleep. Because you have to wake up early to go to Mrs. Y's you are ready for bed at 6:30pm sharp.

I was worried about how you'd react when you woke up the next morning at Grammie Penny's. You haven't had a sleepover at her house before. My sister said she her you babbling at 6:30am, your normal wake up time. She made you a bottle and walked in to get you out of the playpen. It was still dark and she spoke to you, "Good Morning, Baby Chloe! What a good baby sleeping through the night." She said you were a happy camper, kicking your little legs with glee when she scooped you up. Val and I sound alike and we are smaller in frame so we probably feel similar in the dark too. When she took you into the living room and laid you in her lap to give you your morning baba, you looked up at saw her face. You flipped out. I guess you thought it was some twlight zone movie. You felt like my Mommy and sounded like my Mommy but you don't look like my Mommy. NOT MY MOMMY! AAAAAHHHH! She said you cried for about 15 minutes and then realized it was going to be okay. The rest of the day went great. They took you on a stroller ride to the park and you loved the swings. You ate well and even took a long nap. You never cried again during that visit. Auntie Val even taught you how to click your tongue. For about three days after she left, you walk around the funiture clucking your tongue.

Your cousin Emma had a birthday the next weekend. When I got off work on Saturday, we went and celebrated Emma's day. I think you and Emma will be close. Emma had received lots of presents but she just wanted to play with you.
emmac

emcoutside

As I snapped pictures of you and Emma, she then decided to be the photographer. She had new Polly Pockets, Barbies and stuffed animals to play with but would rather take pictures.

embdaymec

Last Thursday, Poppa Walt and Grandma Inge had a breakast birthday for you. Once again, when we walked in the door, you started to cry. I assured you I wasn't leaving you. We ate breakfast, Grandma Inge bought your favorite mandarin oranges but I wanted you to eat some quiche and french toast first. You ate that well and when I opened your oranges and put them on your highchair tray, you clapped your hands with delight. I have worked with you a lot with clapping your hands. It's hard, you'd clap your tummy for weeks. But now, you are coordinated enough to get your hands together. You'll clap your hands now when you are excited about something and I've also taught you to "give me five".

dadclose

mecbday

For your birthday, I bought us Baltic amber necklaces. Baltic amber is a natural teething remedy. Finally, you have a third tooth popping through. A giant top front tooth. You have broken several of my silver necklaces because you try to use them as teething relief. You love my Amber necklace and are constantly gnawing on it while strangling me. People are shocked you don't rip of your necklace. You don't bother it, sometimes you put it in your mouth but you don't pull on it.

chloeclose

After opening presents and eating a big breakfast, you were ready for a nap. Poppa was holding you and rocking you in his recliner and to my shock you fell asleep in his arms. You have only fallen asleep on MawMaw or I, maybe you knew Poppa was family. Regardless, you took a two hour nap in his arms.

dadbday 007

Your Baby Einstein cupcakes turned out great and I made Baby Einstein chocolate chip cookies for MawMaw's birthday for you. I'll have to write about that later. As I was typing you got my coffee cup and tried to sneak a sip. You act like a big girl, want nothing to do with sippy cups. You want the real deal. You can't control the amount of fluid that comes out of a mug yet and you just poured half a mug of coffee all over the table and floor. You little rascal!

cupcakes 001

No comments: