Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Gummin' It

Dear Chloe,

You are almost 11 months old and still only have to teeth. It doesn't stop you from eating three solid meals per day though. People tell me to enjoy this time of introducing new food and you trying everything eagerly. They say when you turn two, you will start sticking your nose up to food and demand to eat a limited diet. I hope you do not become a picky eater, I try my best to offer you a new food daily. You have tried everything I have put on your highchair tray thus far. That's all I'll ever ask, that you try a few bites of whatever I have prepared for you. I will never force you to finish all your food or "clean your plate." If you refuse to try new foods, I will refuse to give you dessert.

Your front top teeth are giving you heck. I know they must hurt because when I feel them, they feel huge under your gums. On Sunday, MawMaw and the rest of the family came to the restaurant after church. I was busy but I ran over and gave you a kiss and did the Itsy Bitsy Spider for you. I guess when I walked away to take care of my customers, it upset you. You put your head down to your chest and started crying. You don't understand that I'm working and I can't carry you around while I take plates out.

When I went to pick you up an hour later at Grandma's, they told me your teeth were hurting. I put my finger in your mouth and you bit me! Hard! Your little bottom teeth are like razors and you almost drew blood. I had indentations that looked liked a little mouse bit my pointer finger. I let out a shriek and you laughed. I picked you up and you then decided to try and bite my cheek and chin. I was laughing then, as you slobbered up my face. MawMaw said it was payback, you were trying to eat me so you could carry me inside you. I think you were mad at me for walking away from you in the restaurant. You haven't done it since.

That night, Dad made some homemade chicken wings. Since your mouth is bothering you so much, I decided to let you try a drumette. I though you would enjoy gnawing on the bone. You sure did. You kept rubbing it back and forth in your mouth like a hungry puppy.
chix 015ed2

After you cleaned the chicken off the bone, you got dessert. I cut up a kiwi for you to try for the first time. You loved the banana kiwi combination and would pick up one kiwi and then one banana. You cleared your tray.
chix 008ed

You saw snow for the first time yesterday. You knew something was very different when you peeked out the glass door to the deck. Everything was covered in white. I opened the door and you felt the cold air and snow flakes hit your cheeks. I bundled you up in your new winter coat from MawMaw, some boots with fur I bought you. The only thing I didn't have were gloves so we didn't stay outside long, just enough for a few pictures. You scooted your pink van like a snow plow.
snow 005ed

Then you got down and felt the snow. You weren't too impressed at the coldness so we headed back in to fix dinner.

snow 014ed

We were running low on groceries so we decided to make breakfast for dinner. Daddy is a pro at making omelette's. Since you are only supposed to eat egg yolks until you are over one year old, we made you an two egg yolk, chicken, spinach and cheese omelette. Daddy's omelette for you was too cute. He also made your very favorite, blueberry pancakes.
omelette 002

You did well eating your first omelette, you ate over half. It was packed full of protein, the egg yolks, chicken and cheese. You loved your dessert and finished both of your baby blueberry pancakes.

omelette 004ed

With all this good eating, you are growing too fast girl. You are wearing size 18 month. You aren't even 11 months old yet. Daddy likes to say you will be a WNBA pro. My Dad is 6'4" so you may end up being over 5'11". I need to buy you more clothing, all your 12 month old pants look like high waters now.

I love my little giant,
Mama

No comments: